Descrição da vaga: Career Area: Finance
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
IT IS YOUR TIME!
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
If you are looking for personal and professional growth, in a company with an inclusive culture, which seeks equity, respects differences and believes in people’s potential, this is the right place. We consider people with disability candidates and those with diversity in gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, age, generation, race, nationality and sexual orientation.
– Don’t forget to include a resumé in English in your profile in Workday
– Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application, please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any update s to your status.
This position will be allocated in São Paulo.
Job Profile / Activities:
Lead and supervise the staff of the accounting department and act as a primary support to the Finance Manager. May have similar responsibilities as the Accountant III. Develop, prepare and distribute reports, which reflect the financial position, results of operations and related financial data for the Subsidiary or Branch on a consolidated US GAAP basis. Provide support in the development of accounting processes and reports, maintain account activities, and assist with financial statements during monthly closing. May be responsible for all Central Bank reporting.
Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following:
1.Directs the work of the accounting department and assist the Finance Manager in carrying out the integration of the subsidiary into the US GAAP closing process and reporting to Central Bank of Brazil.
2.Prepares and distributes on a timely basis reports to the Corporate Accounting Department according to US GAAP and to Central Bank of Brazil in BR GAAP.
3.Identifies and resolves systems problems and may have leadership role in maintenance of the system.
4.Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
5.Controls and reconciles inter-company billings.
6.Carries out all aspects of local Central Bank reporting requirements.
7.Reports financial information to Cat Inc. treasury, real estate, legal, accounting, etc., as required for their external reporting press releases and surveys.
8.Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
9.Assigns work to the staff, reviews their work, gives feedback to employees to achieve continuous improvement, applies HR practices and policies, and creates a work environment in the department that encourages employee satisfaction and increases productivity.
10.Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
11.Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, applies them in all aspects of management and maintains an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
Education: Bachelor degree in accounting and holding a Brazilian CPA registration (CRC-SP)
1) 6 years experience in, and a thorough knowledge of the financial accounting activities
2) Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use the software packages associated with accounting functions
3) Demonstrated knowledge of both North-American and Brazilian accounting principles (US GAAP & BR GAAP)
4) Demonstrated knowledge of lease, lona, hedge and “foreign currency” accounting
5) Knowledge of banking operations
6) Accurate and timely financial reporting for the Central Bank of Brazil and for the headquarters for consolidation purposes; Maintain procedures and controls to protect the assets of the company
7) Foster high quality standards driven by company objectives and a strong motivation for continuous improvement
8) Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to collaboration across business units and job functions
9) K nowledge of both Brazil and US tax regulations
10) Ensure the provision of accurate and timely information regarding various financial activities to headquarter and outside government agencies.
11) experience in budgeting and forecasting
Language: Portuguese and Advanced English
Experience in a multinational company are recommended.
Some of the offered benefits *:
·Psychological, Legal, Social and Finance Support Program
·Private pension plan
·Life and personal insurance
·Extended maternity and paternity leave
·Employee resources group (Young Professional, Women in Networking, LAMBDA (LGBTQIA+), Latin Group and Active in Sport
- Caterpillar reserves the right to change or modify benefits at any time, subject prior notice and in compliance with legal requirements. Benefit elegibility may vary by position and location.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Join our .
Local: São Paulo – SP
Candidatar-se a vaga!