Empresa: BNP Paribas
Descrição da vaga: BNP Paribas is an international bank with leading positions in the European market. It is present in 74 countries and employs more than 192,000 people, 146,000 of whom are in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its three main areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking and financial services network is part of Retail Banking & Services), as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking, which offers services to corporate and institutional clients. The Group supports its customers (individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large companies and institutions) to help them carrying out their projects by providing financing, investment, savings and insurance services.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one in retail financing in Europe.
BNP Paribas is developing its integrated retail banking model in the Mediterranean countries, Turkey, Eastern Europe and has an important network on the US West Coast. In both its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas has leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and a solid and growing network in the Asia-Pacific region.
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
The Head of Sustainability Brazil reports directly to the Chief Sustainability Officer for the Americas, who is based in New York, and locally to the Head of Territory Management (as part of the Brazil CEO Office). This role manages a team of currently an FTE Senior Analyst and an intern.
The Head of Sustainability Brazil is responsible for:
Acting as main point of contact and local subject matter expert for ESG
Driving ESG Strategy for CIB Brazil, in alignment with the CSO for the Americas and partnership with the Brazil CEO Office
· Acting as first line of defence for ESG Risk alongside business teams, in partnership with local RISK and global ESG teams.
· Supporting business development and sustainable finance origination/structuring in partnership with Coverage and Products teams
· Strengthening BNP Paribas’ local institutional ESG engagement by coordinating sustainability partnerships and events as well as representing the Bank as local spokesperson at industry events and forums.
· Leading ESG-related training sessions & internal advocacy
· Work with relevant stakeholders in the definition & implementation of the ESG vision, strategy & objectives for Brazil
· Support the implementation of the Bank’s sustainability commitments
· Strengthen a sustainable & ESG-aware culture through training & company engagement
· Represent Brazil and report on the strategy in key ESG-related governance committees
Manage ESG Risks for BNP Paribas in Brazil:
· Collaborate with Group CSR and CIB CSR to ensure all policies are appropriately understood & implemented
· With support from the Senior ESG Risk Analyst, implement the Bank’s ESG Risks framework, ensuring that transactions & clients are appropriately assessed against the Bank’s ESG policies
· Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s PRSAC (Socioenvironmental and Climate Responsibility Policy) & quarterly CRSAC (Socioenvironmental and Climate Risk Committee), with support from the Senior ESG Risk Analyst
· Review the development a training program to support the Bank’s leadership & teams to apply the ESG Risk framework, with support from the senior ESG Risk Analyst
· Monitor internal & external risks, developing quarterly reports using the CSR Risk Tracker, with support from the ESG Risk Intern
· Lead ESG-related training sessions & internal advocacy
Business Development & Sustainable Finance:
· Partner with CIB teams to prioritize clients and develop client engagement & action plans
· Support origination and structure bilateral sustainable finance transactions in partnership with the Bank’s product structuring teams
· Monitor client engagement & pipeline development
· Identify innovative finance projects across a range of sectors to advance sustainability impacts (sustainable agriculture, circular economy, forest-positive land use, etc.)
· Represent the Bank as local subject matter expert in key industry forums & associations
· Partner with the Head of Marketing & Communication to implement a sustainability communication plan
· Represent the Bank as spokesperson to media outlets and in key institutional or industry events
· Lead the organisation of the annual Sustainable Future Forum client event and any other client related or institutional initiatives
· Experience in finance and ESG / Sustainability, or related subject
· Subject relevant degree or qualification
· Proven ability to develop & implement impactful sustainability strategy / outcomes across multiple dimensions
· Excellent influencing, communication, & collaboration skills
· Result-oriented project management capabilities, able to lead & execute effectively with capacity to translate big ideas into concrete action
· Management & leadership experience, ideally both direct & across matrix-managed projects
· Excellent technical & quantitative skills (data fluent)
· Experience & fluency with GHG, emission management, Net Zero & SBTi standards
· Experience with EU Taxonomy, Climate Bonds Standards, & ICMA Sustainable Bond/Loan Principles
· Open mindset & deep curiosity seeking to understand others, listen without judgement, and act on diverse perspectives
· Commitment to fostering an inclusive and safe work environment
· Fluency in English & Portuguese (French and/or Spanish welcome but not a pre-requisite)
“BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.”
Local: São Paulo – SP
Candidatar-se a vaga!